Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 February 2010

End Of Module Evaluation- OUGD102

1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I believe that I have learnt how to work with an idea and successfully push and develop it to a product, which got me thinking more and more about the possibilities. I’ve also further developed skills into researching and categorizing which acted as the main foundation for my collection 100 brief.


2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

Collecting and categorising information and imagery was the only thing driving the last brief. I found that through a clear organised list I was able to structure and clearly identify my findings. The sorting of this information was essential to the final make.


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I think the main strength throughout this module was 100 brief. Although the image had to speed up towards the end I was really pleased with the paint effect at the start of the timeline. I found that given the time I was able to develop some more skills in Photoshop painting and try a few different techniques within the program.

I think the work done in Photoshop will aid later briefs, as I can take any initial ideas and begin to develop them further in PS.



4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?

Time has been a big issue with this module. Especially with the collection 100 project, as it took a very long time to find that initial idea. This is definitely something I’ll have to work on and look at ways to get that idea out there quicker.



5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

Possibly look at testing more initial ideas/variations

Print out things as I go. Found that you can spend too much time on details and find that they cant even be seen when it comes to print!

Looking into creating a hard back cover. Time was an issue and there was a few issue to covering the timeline due to an oversight in its design.

Try different materials to see strengths and weaknesses appropriate to intended use.

Work more on blogs and sketchbook work. Stop seeing the end product as main target.



6.


Attendance 5
Punctuality 4
Motivation 4
Commitment 4

Quantity of work produced 4

Contribution to the group 3

No comments:

Post a Comment