Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 September 2009

24th Sep

Last night I was working on a net layout based on some of the information taken yesterday. Jonny was saying the idea of having a cup of tea was a very British way of solving things, something Amber said on Monday. With this in mind I mixed it with the decided tag line “don’t make war, make tea”. I began flicking through Google looking for some 40’s war propaganda, as I thought a traditional looking theme with a modern twist would work. It could also work, not a retro, but a vintage style which is currently quite popular. Based on all the information I began to play around with a few ideas that were a pretty good fit for what was discussed that afternoon.

After having worked well into the night again on this idea, I finally had a final idea. The idea of the image was based on what was said “looking at old style themes, tea solves everything”. Not that makes any sense but i went with it anyway combining the old school theme, war and tea. Everything they’d set out to do for the new idea. Went in this morning after 2/3hrs sleep and got the expected really, “awhh ye”.

Karl had also made a pretty good tea stain type as well which was welcomed with open arms. I’ve had no involvement in this project what so ever. My research has been dismissed, ideas ignored and then replicated by others and the same for designs. The only item I’ve suggested was the point of the tea bag tags opening with included text. But this was ignored when I said and I’m pretty after Rob said my idea word for word everyone presumes it’s his idea?

Really was the last thing today and I actually walked away this morning. I’ve put so much time and effort into this project. Getting up at 7 every morning to get ready and here for nine, setting off at half four to get home for quarter past five and then setting off at twenty past 5 to get back into Morley for work. I’ve then been getting home at ten and working till four in the morning on this. All this has been going on since Monday and to go through all that because I didn’t want to let people down by not having as much work. And then, nothing gets used!

I’ve done lots of group work before and had no issues, it’s been productive pretty much stress free. Although this past week I don’t think I’ve ever felt so irritated in years. I honestly think I’d have more luck pitching my ideas to a brick wall than the majority of the group.


No comments:

Post a Comment